August 17, 2026 12:12 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe

FinMin asks RBI to submit report within 10 days on debit card data breach

| | Oct 23, 2016, at 08:25 pm
New Delhi, Oct 23 (IBNS): The Finance Minister has asked various agencies including the RBI to submit the report in 10 days on the security breach involving over 32 lakh debit cards, reports said.

The report will help the ministry to understand exactly where the hacking took place.

Earlier this week, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had said the government asked RBI and banks to provide details of the data breach.

He had also directed the banks to prepare to deal with cyber crimes.

According to reports, about 32.14 lakh debit cards of various public and private sector banks have been ‘compromised’ by cyber malware attack in some ATM systems.

Several bank, including the State Bank of India (SBI), have recalled a number of cards or blocked many cards or asked customers to change their PIN number.

According to the National Payments Corporation of India, as many as 641 customers across 19 banks have lost Rs 1.3 crore, stolen from debit card data.

Image: pixabay.com

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.