August 17, 2026 06:08 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar
ZEE Merger

ZEE Entertainment approaches NCLAT over minority shareholders' demand for EGM

| @indiablooms | Oct 07, 2021, at 02:26 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd on Wednesday sought the directive of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) to declare illegal the requisition of minority shareholders Invesco and OFI Global China Fund to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM), to discuss various issues including the ouster of Managing Director Punit Goenka.

The media giant has challenged NCLAT's Mumbai-bench order which directed T Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) on Tuesday to file a reply to the petition filed by its minority shareholders by October 7 (Thursday), the next date of hearing, according to a report in the media.

According to the report, confirming the development, a ZEEL Spokesperson said: “The company has moved NCLAT in accordance with the due process available under the law.”

Last week, ZEEL had informed it had also moved the Bombay High Court against the requisition of minority shareholders.

“The company has also filed a suit in the Bombay High Court to declare that the requisition notice sent by Invesco Developing Markets Fund and OFI Global China Fund LLC is invalid,” he added.

"The company continues to have full faith in the Indian judicial system and will take all the necessary steps that are in the best interests of all its shareholders," the spokesperson added.

Invesco Developing Markets Fund (formerly Invesco Oppenheimer Developing Markets Fund) along with OFI Global China Fund LLC hold 17.88 percent stake in ZEEL.

“In its meeting held on October 1, 2021, the board has arrived at a conclusion that the requisition is invalid and illegal; and has accordingly conveyed its inability to convene the Extraordinary General Meeting to Invesco Developing Markets Funds and OFI Global China Fund, LLC,” ZEEL had said.

The meeting was held after had ordered ZEEL to call a board meeting to look into Invesco and OFI Global China Fund’s request for an EGM for discussing various issues.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.