August 20, 2026 03:48 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
India | China
Representative image of Uttarakhand/ credit: Unsplash

100 Chinese soldiers crossed over into Uttarakhand last month: Reports

| @indiablooms | Oct 01, 2021, at 03:27 am

New Delhi/IBNS: In yet another grim reminder that the situation between India and China is far from normal, new details surfaced stating that close to 100 Chinese soldiers have crossed over in Uttarakhand's Barahoti region this time, which is north of the Nanda Devi biosphere reserve.

The soldiers belonging to China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) transgressed 5 km across the Line of Actual Control (LAC) last month, the Economic Times reported earlier this week.

However, there was no official statement on the Chinese transgression.

NDTV quoting sources said that there was no damage to any infrastructure in the area.

The Chinese side has also ramped up infrastructure development along the LAC in the sector, said reports.

In February, both India and China completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the north and south banks of the Pangong lake in line with a disengagement agreement.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.