August 20, 2026 07:27 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Galwan Clash
Image Credit: twitter.com/adgpi

Army pays tribute to soldiers killed in India-China Galwan valley clash

| @indiablooms | Jun 15, 2021, at 06:45 pm

Srinagar/UNI: The Army on Tuesday paid rich tributes to the soldiers who were killed in a violent clash with Chinese troops on this day last year in Galwan valley along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh.

Defence Ministry spokesperson Lt Col Emron Musavi said that the Fire and Fury Corps paid homage to the martyrs of Galwan on the first anniversary of the violent clash on June 15, 2021. “In the face of unprecedented Chinese aggression, 20 Indian soldiers laid down their lives defending our land and inflicted heavy casualties on the People's Liberation Army (PLA),” he said.

He said in a solemn ceremony, Major General Akash Kaushik, COS, Fire and Fury Corps, laid a wreath at the iconic War Memorial in Leh on the occasion. “The nation will remain eternally grateful to these gallant soldiers who fought in the most difficult high altitude terrain and made the supreme sacrifice in service of the nation,” he added.

Twenty Indian personnel, including a Colonel, were killed in violent clashes with Chinese troops on June 15, 2020 along the LAC in Ladakh, in what is possibly the worst incident between the two countries in decades. The violent face-off took place during the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley and resulted in “casualties on both sides”.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.