August 19, 2026 08:41 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Drug case
Image Credit: Sameer Wankhede Twitter

Aryan Khan case: Sameer Wankhede, officer blamed for 'shoddy' probe, transferred to Chennai

| @indiablooms | May 31, 2022, at 05:54 am

New Delhi/IBNS: Former anti-narcotics officer Sameer Wankhede, whose handling of the Mumbai drugs-on-cruise case was severely criticised, has been transferred to the Directorate General of Taxpayers Services in Chennai.

After he was removed from the Mumbai drugs case in which superstar Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan was arrested, Wankhede was sent to the Directorate General of Analytics and Risk Management in Mumbai.

Aryan Khan had been given a clean chit from the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in the October 2021 Cruise Drugs case.

"Sources have explained five irregularities in the investigation conducted by Mr Wankhede after the drugs raid," NDTV reported.

"No videography was done during the search operation and there were lapses in analysing the contents of Aryan Khan's phone, since the chats do not link him with the case," the sources said.

No medical test was done to prove consumption of drugs and one witness even turned hostile, telling the special investigation team that he was made to sign on blank papers, the sources as quoted by NDTV said, adding two more witnesses told the investigation team that they weren't at the location at the time of the NCB raid.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.