August 22, 2026 12:49 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences
Sushant Singh Rajput
Image Credit: Rhea Chakraborty Instagram

Bihar govt can't recommend Sushant's death probe to CBI: Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer

| @indiablooms | Aug 05, 2020, at 01:57 am

New Delhi/UNI/IBNS: The lawyer of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's actress girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty on Tuesday said that Bihar government cannot recommend the actor's death probe to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as it is out of their jurisdiction.

"This matter does not come under the jurisdiction of Bihar," Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde said, adding that the Bihar government has made a legal blunder by recommending a CBI inquiry.

Maneshinde said, "Riya had filed a petition in the apex court, which said that investigating the matter does not come under the jurisdiction of Bihar Police, the petition will continue in the Supreme Court."

The lawyer said that at most it would be a 'zero FIR' and will be transferred to Mumbai Police.

Sushant's father KK Singh, after talking to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, demanded a CBI inquiry into the matter, following which Kumar sent a recommendation for a CBI inquiry to the Center.

However days after Sushant's death, Rhea had requested Union Home Minister Amit Shah to order a CBI inquiry into Sushant's death.

Rhea Chakraborty requests Amit Shah to begin CBI probe into Sushant Singh Rajput's death

Reportedly, Rhea has left her apartment after being named in a First Information Report (FIR) in connection with the actor's death.

The 34-year-old star was found dead at his apartment in suburban Bandra on June 14. Since then there has been a demand to hand over the case to the CBI.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.