August 18, 2026 04:00 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Boktui carnage

CBI nabs accused in West Bengal's Bogtui carnage

| @indiablooms | Oct 14, 2022, at 05:18 am

Kolkata/UNI: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday arrested Bulu Sk, an accused in the Bogtui carnage in West Bengal's Birbhum district in which ten persons had died earlier this year.

Bulu Sk's role emerged during the investigation into the March 21 incident

in which victims were burnt or injured in Bogtui village under Rampurhat police station, a CBI statement said.

"The arrested accused was absconding since the inception of the investigation of the case. It was alleged that the accused with others had on March 21 bought petrol which was used for burning the houses in Bogtui wherein seven persons were burnt alive and three persons died later," the statement said.

Bulu Sk. was produced during the day before the ACJM Court in Rampurhat and remanded to five days in police custody.

A day after the carnage, a case was registered at the Rampurhat police station.

On March 25, the CBI took over the investigation of the case following a Calcutta High Court order.

A chargesheet was filed on June 20 before ACJM Court in Rampurhat.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.