August 18, 2026 04:39 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Chandigarh University Video Leak
Yogita Bhayana Twitter page

Chandigarh University: Protests held over alleged leaked videos

| @indiablooms | Sep 19, 2022, at 01:45 am

Chandigarh: Protests erupted in Chadigarh University after students claimed alleged videos of girls were leaked, media reports said.

The police, however, said initial investigation showed the accused girl shared only her personal video with her boyfriend and no objectionable video of other students has been found.

The accused girl has been arrested.

The matter came to light on Saturday late evening, when a few girls in the hostel saw the accused girl shooting a video while she was in the washroom, reports Hindustan Times.

Girls on Sunday demonstrated in the campus alleging that videos of some students have been leaked.

The police were forced to use mild lathi charge and even stone pelting was done by the protestors, the newspaper reported.

Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann earlier in the day ordered a probe into the incident.

“We have confiscated the mobile phone of the girl and handed it over for forensic investigation,” ADGP Gurpreet Deo told Hindustan Times.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.