August 22, 2026 02:39 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

Chinese commanding officer among several killed along LAC during Galwan Valley clash: Reports

| @indiablooms | Jun 23, 2020, at 11:08 pm

New Delhi:  A commanding officer (CO) of a People’s Liberation Army (PLA) unit was killed during the border standoff with Indian soldiers in Galwan Valley last week, media reports said.

The death of the Chinese commander was confirmed to the Indian side through diplomatic and military channels last week, said one of the persons requesting anonymity, according to Hindustan Times.

The Chinese CO’s body was among the bodies exchanged by the two sides after the clash was over on June 16, said the second person to the Indian newspaper.

At least 20 Indian soldiers were killed during a standoff between the security forces of the neighbouring nations in Galwan Valley.

Meanwhile, India and China have mutually agreed to disengage from all friction points in Galwan Valley, government sources said here on Tuesday.

To defuse tension at Line of Actual Control (LAC), the Corps Commander level talks between India and China were held at Moldo in a cordial, positive and constructive atmosphere on Jun 22.

There was a mutual consensus to disengage from all friction areas in eastern Ladakh and the modalities for the same were discussed. It will be taken forward by both the sides, the sources added.

The military level talks between India and China at the Corps Commander-level ended on Monday, after almost 11 hours of marathon meeting, to resolve the border stand-off in eastern Ladakh.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.