August 22, 2026 06:08 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

COVID-19: Delhi people likely to get newspaper from April 1

| @indiablooms | Mar 30, 2020, at 03:05 pm

New Delhi/UNI: In all probability, Delhiites are likely to get their daily newspapers in the morning from April 1.

According to some Newspaper Vendors Association, the distribution of dailies will be expected to be normalised from Tuesday.

Notwithstanding the print media out of the ongoing nationwide lockdown, newspapers did not reach homes in many parts of the country, including Delhi, since March 24.

Delhi Police Commissioner S N Shrivastava on Saturday asked the beat officers to ensure that no newspaper vendor or distributor is stopped from doing their duties.

According to Delhi Police spokesperson Anil Mittal, the order was issued taking note of complaints from citizens that newspaper vendors were being stopped at the gates of colonies in some parts of the city.

Mittal informed that Shrivastava had asked the DCPs to instruct the beat officers to allow newspaper vendors to deliver newspapers between 0400 and 0900 hrs.

Incidentally, the World Health Organisation (WHO) had earlier assured that there is no fear of contamination of Corona Virus from newspapers.

Reports said newspapers were also not available in Mumbai, Kolkata and many other places of the country after March 23, a day after the nationwide 'Janata Curfew' announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 19. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.