August 22, 2026 06:15 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

COVID-19: Entire UP lock down till Mar 27, curfew wherever necessary

| @indiablooms | Mar 24, 2020, at 02:12 pm

Lucknow/UNI: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday extended the lock down with covering all the 75 districts of the state till March 27.

The announcement was made during a video conferencing with the districts here.

The CM appealed to people to stay indoors and strictly enforce social distancing and announced that the district authorities would decide on whether to enforce curfew in their respect districts.

Adityanath said that efforts would be made to provide essential commodities along with medical help at their door step.

Earlier on March 22, UP government had announced lock down in 16 districts which was increased to 18 on Tuesday.

Now from Wednesday all the 75 districts would go on lock down.

The CM further said that around one lakh people have arrived from different places in the state in the past two days which had threatened the situation and people were getting panic.

The CM has warned the trader fraternity against hoarding and said that action under section 3/7 of Essential Commodities Act would be taken against them.

He also asked the districts to make arrangements for isolation wards at 51 medical colleges including 24 government run.

The CM had launched the scheme to provide Rs 1000 to around 20 lakh labourers and the fund was transferred. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.