August 20, 2026 01:13 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Delhi doctors' protest
Image tweeted by @CaptRathee

Delhi junior doctors to continue stir over college allotments despite assurances by Health Minister

| @indiablooms | Dec 29, 2021, at 04:35 am

New Delhi/IBNS: Junior doctors in Delhi, who are protesting against the delay in college allotments after the NEET postgraduate exam, on Tuesday said they will continue their agitation despite assurances from Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya a day after their face-off with the police.

Pointing to the Covid situation and the challenge of combating the Omicron  variant, which has created huge pressure on hospitals and medical professionals, junior doctors have threatened a complete shutdown of medical services.

The protest culminated in an intense face-off with the police on Monday followed by a vigil in the chilly December night.

On Tuesday, the protesting doctors were stopped from marching to the Supreme Court where the matter is pending.

Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandavia urged the doctors to call off their strike at a meeting with the Federation of Resident Doctors' Association (FORDA) this evening.

Last week, the Indian Medical Association wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking intervention in the crisis.

"As the NEET-PG exam was not held in January 2021, the aggressive second wave was handled by limited manpower of doctors and resulted in the loss of more than 2,000 noble professional souls in the Covid war... At that time, 1,60,000 doctors were waiting for the examination to be held," the IMA had said in a statement.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.