August 20, 2026 04:38 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Anil Deshmukh | ED

ED issues lookout notice against Anil Deshmukh in money laundering case

| @indiablooms | Sep 06, 2021, at 05:39 am

Mumbai/IBNS: The Enforcement Directorate has issued a lookout notice against NCP leader and former home minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh in connection with a Rs 100 crore money laundering case.

Deshmukh, who had to quit his ministerial post because of the case, has skipped multiple summons by the probe agency, reported NDTV.

According to the report, the ED said the lookout notice has been issued to prevent Deshmukh from leaving the country.

The CBI lodged a corruption case based on an allegation of Rs 100 crore bribe accumulated by him.

In a letter to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh wrote the then state home minister had asked suspended cop Sachin Waze to extort over Rs 100 crore a month from bars and restaurants in the city. 

Singh was removed from the post of Mumbai Police Commissioner after Deshmukh said "unforgivable" lapses had been revealed in the Mukesh Ambani security scare investigation under him.

Last month, the Supreme Court had refused to grant the 71-year-old politician interim relief against coercive action in the case.

On April 21, an FIR was registered by CBI against Deshmukh based on a Bombay High Court order.

Deshmukh's personal secretary and personal assistant were also arrested by the ED after carrying out raids against them and the NCP leader in Nagpur and Mumbai.

The CBI has also questioned his son-in-law over the leak of an enquiry report.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.