August 19, 2026 09:13 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Xiaomi

ED rubbishes Xiaomi's coercion allegations

| @indiablooms | May 08, 2022, at 06:17 pm

Bengaluru: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday said allegations that the statements of Xiaomi India officials were taken under coercion by ED are untrue and baseless and are an afterthought.

In a statement, the ED said, "No complaint was filed by Manu Kumar Jain (Xiaomi Global Vice President) and Sameer BS Rao (Xiaomi Chief Financial Officer) at any point of time during the recording of statements on various occasions. "

"The last statement of the officials of the company was recorded on April 24, 2022 and the seizure order was passed on April 29, 2022. It appears that the allegation now made after the passage of substantial time is an afterthought," it added.

"The allegations are baseless and far from the facts," the agency said.

The officials of the Xiaomi India deposed their statements before ED under FEMA voluntarily in the most conducive environment on various occasions, it stated.

"The statements were deposed by them on the basis of documents/information provided by the company during the course of investigation. Their statements corroborate with the written replies submitted to ED and the materials on record," ED said.

The statements of Manu Kumar Jain were recorded on April 13, 21, and 26 this year.

Sameer BS Rao's statements were recorded on March 25, April 14, April 19, April 21, April 22, and April 26 this year as well, ED clarified.

It also reiterated that it is a professional agency with strong work ethics and there was no coercion or threat to the officers of the company at any point in time.

The Karnataka High Court earlier this week had stayed the ED order.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.