August 20, 2026 02:33 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
India-China

'Factually incorrect': India dismisses Chinese claims on cancelled event for joint release of commemorative stamps

| @indiablooms | Dec 12, 2020, at 07:50 am

New Delhi/IBNS: The joint release of commemorative stamps to mark the 70th anniversary of diplomatic relations between India and China, which was one of the activities agreed with the Chinese side last year, has not been cancelled owing to lack of response from India as claimed by China, the Ministry Of External Affairs (MEA) said Friday.

However, there had been no discussion on any launch date with any Chinese authorities for this activity, MEA spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said in the weekly press conference on Friday.

"We have also seen the Chinese embassy’s tweet suggesting that this event was cancelled by the Chinese side on account of no feedback given by the Indian side before the launch time agreed by both - this is factually incorrect," the MEA spokesperson said.

It may also be noted that the launch of the 70th anniversary celebrations itself has not taken place yet, and therefore, the issue of going ahead with joint activities under its ambit does not arise, he added.

Sino-India relations continue to remain tense after China's attempt to change the status quo on LAC in eastern Ladakh's Galwan Valley on June 15 in which at least 20 Indian personnel were martyred and unconfirmed reports claimed at least 45 Chinese personnel were killed in a befitting reply by the Indian soldiers.

In another  attempt to change the status-quo at the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the Chinese troops on the intervening night of 29/30 August carried out provocative military movements at Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh to only get thwarted by India.

In order to contain China and stop it from muscle-flexing at the LAC,  Indian government banned hundreds of Chinese mobile apps including the very popular TikTok.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.