August 20, 2026 05:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
India China military talks

India and China to hold 12th round of military talks on Ladakh row tomorrow: Report

| @indiablooms | Jul 31, 2021, at 04:43 am

New Delhi/IBNS: Indian and Chinese commanders will meet for the 12th round of military talks in the Ladakh sector on Saturday in connection with border tensions that started nearly 14 months ago.

The talks will take place at Moldo on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC), at 10.30 am, said a Hindustan Times report citing a source.

Corps commander-ranked officers of the Indian Army and the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) will take part in the talks, it added.

The last military talks between India and China was held on April 9 when the Indian Army told the PLA that disengagement at all friction points on the disputed border was crucial for the de-escalation of the conflict.

“We are expecting forward movement in hammering out a disengagement agreement at Hot Springs and Gogra,” said a second official, asking not to be named, said the HT report.

The armies of both the countries started negotiations  to resolve the border row in eastern Ladakh on June 6, but so far they have only had limited success in hammering out an agreement for disengagement of rival soldiers at friction points.

Both armies have 50,000 to 60,000 troops each in the Ladakh theatre and the deployments haven’t thinned after the disengagement in the Pangong Tso sector.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.