August 20, 2026 01:16 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Ladakh

India hands back apprehended Chinese soldier in eastern Ladakh

| @indiablooms | Jan 11, 2021, at 07:47 pm

New Delhi/UNI: The Indian Army on Monday handed back the apprehended Chinese soldier at Chushul-Moldo in eastern Ladakh.

The soldier was apprehended near Gurung hill in the Chushul sector on Friday morning.

"The PLA soldier who had been apprehended on 08 January 2021, has been handed back to China at Chushul - Moldo at 10.10 AM today,” an Indian Army official said here on Monday.

The People's Liberation Army (PLA) soldier had apparently lost his way and entered the Indian territory inadvertently.

In an official statement, the Indian Army had said the Chinese soldier was apprehended on the Indian side during the early hours of Friday. He was taken into custody by the Indian Army.

"The PLA soldier had transgressed across the LAC and was taken into custody by Indian troops deployed in this area. Troops from either side are deployed along the LAC since friction erupted last year due to unprecedented mobilisation and forward concentration by Chinese troops," the Indian Army said.

The Army said the Chinese soldier is "being dealt with as per laid down procedures".

In October 2020, the Army had captured a PLA soldier, identified as Corporal Wang Ya Long, near Demchok area of Ladakh.

The PLA soldier was carrying civil and military documents when he was captured in Ladakh by the Indian Army.

Corporal Wang Ya Long was provided medical assistance after he was captured and was handed back to China a day later on October 21. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.