August 21, 2026 07:28 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences
PLA
UNI

Indian Army sent hotline message to counterpart PLA, says Rijiju on 5 Arunachal youths reportedly abducted by Chinese Army

| @indiablooms | Sep 07, 2020, at 01:38 am

Itanagar/UNI: Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju on Sunday informed that the Indian Army has already sent hotline message to counterpart People’s Liberation of Army (PLA) in connection with the reports regarding five youths reportedly abducted by the Chinese Army from Arunachal Pradesh’s Upper Subansiri district.

“The Indian Army has already sent hotline message to the counterpart PLA establishment at the border point in Arunachal Pradesh. Response is awaited,” said the Lok Sabha MP from Arunachal West.

According to reports, the five people were reportedly abducted from the jungle near Nacho while they had gone out for hunting. One of the family members also alleged that his brother and four others from Nacho circle were abducted by the PLA.

No official statement has so far been issued by the Army in this regard.

Yesterday, Upper Subansiri Deputy Commissioner Kanto Danggen said, “We have not received any such report or any FIR lodged in police station.”

The DC, however, said that he got the information of the alleged incident through social media and added that, “We have activated our police to try to get the information in this regard.”  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.