August 20, 2026 12:20 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
India-China
Rajnath Singh addressing Rajya Sabha (Image Credit: BJP Twitter)

India's sustained talks with China led to disengagement along Pangong Lake: Rajnath Singh

| @indiablooms | Feb 11, 2021, at 06:41 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: India's Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said the government's sustained talks with the Chinese counterpart led to a disengagement along the Pangong Lake, which has witnessed border tensions over the last few months.

Speaking on the issue in Parliament's upper house Rajya Sabha, Singh said as quoted by NDTV, "Our sustained talks with China have led to agreement on disengagement on the north and south banks of Pangong Lake. After this agreement, India-China will remove forward deployments in a phased, coordinated manner."

"I want to assure this House that in these talks we have not conceded anything," he asserted. "The agreement that we have been able to reach with the Chinese side for disengagement in the Pangong lake area envisages that both sides will cease their forward deployments in a phased, coordinated and verified manner," he added.

"These are mutual and reciprocal steps and any structures that had been built by both sides since April 2020 in both North and South Bank area will be removed and the landforms will be restored," the Defence Minister said.

A top Chinese official had said frontline troops of both the nations at the southern and northern bank of the Pangong Tso Lake have started 'synchronized and organized disengagement' from Wednesday.

This move is in accordance with the consensus reached by both sides at the 9th round of China-India Corps Commander Level Meeting, said Senior Colonel Wu Qian, spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of National Defense, in a written statement as quoted by China Military Online.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.