August 20, 2026 04:02 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Kashmir Encounter
Image: UNI

Jammu and Kashmir encounter: Two Jaish militants killed

| @indiablooms | Oct 28, 2020, at 10:35 pm

Srinagar/UNI: Two Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militants, including a foreigner, were killed by security forces in an encounter which ensued during a Cordon and Search Operation (CASO) on Tuesday night in the central Kashmir district of Badgam, official sources said on Wednesday.

A soldier was also injured in the encounter which has now ended, sources said.

They said troops of Rashtriya Rifles (RR), Special Operation Group (SOG) of Jammu and Kashmir police and CRPF launched a joint CASO at Akbar colony Mouchwa in Badgam following a tip off about the presence of militants last night. However, an encounter ensued after security forces came under heavy fire from militants hiding there.

However, due to darkness operation was stopped late last night though entire area remained under tight cordon, they said. They said this morning with the first light security forces launched all out offensive against the hold up militants, who were firing continuously.

Security forces blasted the house from where the militant were firing, they said adding later body of both the militants were recovered. One ak rifle and one pistol besides magazines and other arms and ammunition were recovered from the slain JeM militants.

The residents of the adjacent areas said they heard loud explosions and heavy firing last night and early this morning.

Inspector General of Police (IGP) Vijay Kumar said militants were given chance to surrender but they continued firing. He said eight militants have so far were allowed to surrender even when encounter was going on in the valley during the past one month.

He said the operation was launched based on intelligence inputs about the presence of militants in the area. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.