August 20, 2026 04:35 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Kashmir Encounter
UNI

Jammu and Kashmir: Four militants shot down during encounter 

| @indiablooms | Oct 10, 2020, at 11:03 pm

Srinagar/UNI: Four militants, including two belonging to Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) were killed by security forces in two separate encounters, which ensued during Cordon and Search Operations (CASO) in south Kashmir districts of Kulgam and Pulwama on Saturday, a police spokesman said.

He said troops of one Rashtriya Rifles (RR), CRPF and Special Operation Group (SOG) of Jammu and Kashmir launched a CASO at village Chingam, Kulgam, in the early hours following a tip off about the presence of militants.

However, after sealing all exit points when the security forces launched a house-to-house searches early this morning, militants hiding there opened fire. The fire was returned ensuing in an encounter he said adding two militants were so far killed.

Chinar Corps Commander Lt General B S Raju said one of the two militants killed in Kulgam encounter was a foreigner. He said it was a big success as killing of any foreign militants bring peace in that area.

Police spokesman said the slain militants belonging to JeM. They were identified as Tariq Ahmad Mir, a resident of Devsar Kulgam while another was Sameer Bhai alias Usman, a resident of Punjab, Pakistan.

He said both the militants were involved in many attacks on civilians and security personnel.

He said incriminating material, including arms and ammunition were recovered from the slain militants.

However, keeping in view the prevailing COVID-19 and ensure the safety of people from inherent risk of contracting the infection, the dead bodies of slain militants will be sent to Handwara in Kupwara for burial after completing medico and legal formalities.

A defence ministry spokesman said one M4 Rifle and one pistol besides other arms and ammunition were recovered from the slain militants. He said operation ended after the killing of militants.

He said another CASO was conducted at Dadoora in Pulwama during which two militants were killed. Two AK rifles and other arms and ammunition were recovered from the slain militants.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.