August 18, 2026 04:32 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Karnataka
DK Shivakumar with other Congress leaders/ credit: DK Shivakumar Facebook

Karnataka Congress leaders detained over 'PayCM' poster campaign in Bengaluru

| @indiablooms | Sep 24, 2022, at 01:49 am

Bengaluru/IBNS: Karnataka Congress chief DK Shivakumar and several other leaders of the party were detained in Bengaluru Friday in connection with the 'PayCM' campaign targeting Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai.

The list also includes BK Hariprasad, Priyank Khadge, Randeep Singh Surjewala and other leaders.

The campaign was held targeting leaders of the ruling BJP who according to the Congress allegedly extracted 40 per cent commission from builders, contractors and others.

The claims have triggered a huge political storm in the state ahead of next year's assembly elections.

Earlier this week, posters resembling the design of the e-wallet Paytm, and carrying the image of Bommai on the QR code with the message "40% accepted here" surfaced across Bengaluru.

On scanning, the QR code directs one to a website -- '40% Sarkara' -- accusing the Bommai-led BJP government was charging 40 per cent commission on public works. The website was launched a few days ago by Congress.

Senior Congress leader and former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said there will be no let-up in the campaign. "The campaign will continue across the state," he told reporters this evening.

Calling the campaign an "evil design" Bommai earlier said, "They have given no evidence".

"It is all politically motivated. I have challenged them to produce proof. During their (Congress) tenure, there were many scams that should be looked into," he was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.