August 19, 2026 10:35 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Bitta Karate
File Image: UNI

Kashmiri Pandit family moves court to reopen trial against ex-JKLF commander Bitta Karate

| @indiablooms | Mar 30, 2022, at 11:00 pm

Srinagar: Thirty-one years after the killing of Kashmir Pandit Satish Tickoo, his family on Wednesday approached a Srinagar court to reopen the trial against Farooq Ahmed Dar, also known as Bitta Karate.

Tickoo's family claims that Karate had confessed to his role in the killing in a video interview to BBC.

Karate is a former Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) commander and is lodged in Delhi's Tihar jail on charges of funneling funds from Pakistan into terror activities in the Kashmir.

Before his arrest in funneling funds, he had earlier been in jail for several years between November 1990 and 2006.

After the court proceedings today, Tickoo family lawyer Advocate Utsav Bains said the court heard the "matter positively."

“After 31 years the family has come to the trial court and there is a ray of hope now for the family,” he said.

The case will come up for further hearing on April 16.

(With UNI inputs)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.