August 20, 2026 05:44 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
India-China
Image UNI

Ladakh: Indian, Chinese troops carry out disengagement in Gogra area of LAC

| @indiablooms | Aug 06, 2021, at 11:38 pm

New Delhi/UNI: In a major breakthrough in border talks, Indian and Chinese troops have carried out disengagement of troops in Gogra area of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh after the twelfth round of border talks, an official statement announced today.

The two sides have been in a face-off situation since May last year in Ladakh along LAC and

the decision on disengagement was reached during talks between Corps Commanders of India and China on July 31 at Chushul Moldo Meeting Point in Eastern Ladakh, it said.

The disengagement process was conducted over two days on August 4 and 5. The troops of both sides are now in their respective permanent bases.

'As an outcome of the meeting, both sides agreed on disengagement in the area of Gogra,' it said. 'As per the agreement, both sides have ceased forward deployments in this area in a phased, coordinated and verified manner.'

All temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified.

The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to pre-stand off period, the press release said.

This agreement ensures that the LAC in this area will be strictly observed and respected by both sides, and that there is no unilateral change in status quo.

'With this one more sensitive area of face-off has been resolved. Both sides have expressed their commitment to take the talks forward and resolve the remaining issues along the LAC in the Western Sector,' it said.

'The Indian Army along with ITBP is totally committed to ensure the sovereignty of the nation and maintain peace and tranquility along the LAC in the Western Sector,' the release said.

The two side had a 'candid and in-depth exchange of views' on resolution of remaining areas related to disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the Western Sector of India-China border areas.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.