August 20, 2026 05:26 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change
Maharashtra
Satya Pradhan Twitter page

Maharashtra: Bhiwandi building collapse leaves eight dead, 20 feared trapped 

| @indiablooms | Sep 21, 2020, at 02:09 pm

Mumbai: At least eight people have died as a multi-storied building collapsed in Maharashtra's Bhiwandi area on Monday.

Officials said 20 to 25 people are still feared to be trapped under rubble.

The Chief of the RDMC of the TMC Santosh Kadam told UNI that the ground plus three-storied building situated at Patel compound of Narpoli near the Dhamankar Naka collapsed at around 0340 hrs today even when the occupants were asleep.

He said that a portion of the building collapsed and many occupants were trapped in the debris of the collapsed building.

Kadam said that a team of NRDF rushed to the scene for massive rescue operations which was undertaken immediately.

He said that as per the direction of the Thane Municipal Commissioner Dr Vipin Sharma a team of TDRF has also been rushed to the scene for the rescue operations.
The rescue team of the TDRF which reached the spot pulled out a boy alive from below the debris, he said.

Kadam also said that the bodies of eight of the occupants had been removed from the debris and at least five persons were rescued alive by the rescue teams.

It was immediately not known if the building was in the list of dangerous buildings and what was the age of the structure.
The total number of residents of the building is still not clear.

Further details are awaited from the authorities.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.