August 19, 2026 07:58 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Maharashtra
Image credit: Sanjay Raut Facebook

Maharashtra political crisis: Sanjay Raut calls rebels 'uneducated, walking dead'

| @indiablooms | Jun 28, 2022, at 06:42 pm

Mumbai/IBNS: Tearing into the rebels, Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut has called them "uneducated, walking dead" amid the ongoing political crisis in Maharashtra, media reports said.

Quoting Imam Ali, Raut said in a tweet,"Jahalat (lack of education) is a kind of death and Jahil (uneducated) people are like the walking dead."

The Supreme Court Monday issued notices to Maharashtra Deputy Speaker Narhari Zirwal, chief whip Sunil Prabhu, leader of legislature party Anil Chaudhary and the Centre as the fight for the control of Shiv Sena, which created a deep political crisis in the state, reached the apex court.

Acting on Eknath Shinde's plea challenging the disqualification notices issued to him and 15 other rebel MLAs last week, the Supreme Court also extended the deadline given to the rebel MLAs to file their responses to the disqualification notices till Jul 12.

Earlier, they were asked to submit their replies by 5.30 pm on Monday.

During the hearing, the Supreme Court asked the rebels' lawyer why they did not approach the Bombay High Court first, to which advocate NK Kaul replied that the rebels' houses and properties are being threatened and the situation is not conducive for them to pursue their rights in Bombay.

The Uddhav Thackeray camp, meanwhile, contended that there should be no trust vote till the pending issues are decided and they should be free to approach the court if the rebels seek a floor test.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.