August 22, 2026 01:00 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

Meghalaya: Newborn baby dies after hospital denies admission to pregnant woman

| @indiablooms | Jul 30, 2020, at 04:59 pm

Shillong/IBNS: The Meghalaya government has issued a show-cause notice to a Shillong-based hospital after a pregnant woman was denied admission at the hospital who came from a containment zone following which a newborn baby died due to lack of medical care.

According to the reports, Ganesh Das Hospital, Shillong had allegedly denied admission to a pregnant woman on Tuesday as she had come from Mawlai Mawtawar area – a COVID-19 containment zone in the capital city of Meghalaya.

After an intervention by some locals, the hospital authority had allowed the pregnant woman to deliver the child at the hospital, but the newborn baby died.

Following the incident, the Meghalaya government on Wednesday has issued a show-cause notice to the hospital.

Meghalaya Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said that the state government has asked the health department to issue a show-cause notice to Ganesh Das Hospital.

Dr Aman Warr, Director of health services of Meghalaya government on Wednesday said that, as per COVID-19 protocol since the woman came from a containment zone, the hospital authority had to take up a step.

“We have discussed the matter with the authorities of the hospital, Mawtawar Dorbar Shnong and asked the hospital authority to submit a report,” Dr Aman Warr said.

Meghalaya has so far reported 572 positive cases for Covid-19 including 281 cases from BSF and armed forces.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.