August 20, 2026 01:12 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Muzaffarpur Noodle Factory Blast
Image credit: UNI

Muzaffarpur: Six labourers killed in boiler blast in noodles factory

| @indiablooms | Dec 27, 2021, at 03:36 am

Muzaffarpur/UNI: At least six labourers died as a boiler explosion occured in Muzaffarpur district of Bihar on Sunday.

The boiler exploded at around 10 AM in a noodles factory in the district, District Magistrate Pranav Kumar told the media. 

The explosion was so severe that it damaged buildings of nearby factories in the area, he said.

"Six people were killed and as many were injured in the incident", Kumar said, adding that all of the injured were being treated at Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH). The bodies had been sent for postmortem as well, he added.

The District Magistrate stated that the reason for the boiler explosion is being investigated, while the relief and rescue operations are underway.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ordered compensation of Rs 4 lakhs each to family members of those killed in the incident. He also directed to arrange proper treatment of the persons injured in the incident.

Indian PM Narendra Modi tweeted: "The Prime Minister has approved an ex-gratia of Rs. 2 lakh each from PMNRF for the next of kin of those who have lost their lives due to the accident at a factory in Muzaffarpur. The injured would be given Rs. 50,000 each."

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.