August 22, 2026 05:53 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

Mysuru: Jamaat attendees’ lab reports likely on Friday

| @indiablooms | Apr 03, 2020, at 06:53 pm

Mysuru/UNI: About 30 attendees of the Nizamuddin Tablighi Jamaat conclave from Mysuru city have been placed in the government quarantine facility and the throat swab samples of at least 10 participants had been sent for the lab tests.

A total of 62 from Mysuru city had attended the Jamaat. Out of the 62 persons, 30 had returned back to their homes so far. “We are expecting the lab results of the ten samples on Friday. Of the 62 attendees, 43 live in Mysuru city,” said Minister in-charge of Mysuru district V Somanna.

Mr Somanna said 36 from the taluks across the district had also attended the event. Among these attendees, 20 had returned to their homes and all of them had been traced. The rest – 15 were in Delhi and one had been traced in Chhattisgarh. Eleven attendees out of 20 had been placed in home quarantine and the steps had been taken to place others in the quarantine as well, he informed.

Mr Somanna said the check-posts on the Karnataka-Kerala border at Bavali in Mysuru district and also in Chamarajnagar district had been opened for the movement of essential goods, particularly the farmers’ produce like vegetables and fruits, to neighbouring Kerala. The problems faced by farmers with regard to marketing of vegetables had been resolved. The opening of vegetable markets at six locations in the city had also helped farmers to market their produce without any hurdles.

The Minister said distribution of 30,000 litres of milk to poor and the needy will be distributed in Mysuru district.

The distribution of ration to the doorsteps of BPL families was launched from Friday. As many as 232 fair price shops in Mysuru city limits had been directed to distribute the ration to the beneficiaries in the limits of MCC and MUDA.

Meanwhile, the Fire and Emergency Services personnel were spraying disinfectants across Nanjangud town, which had been categorised in the “red zone” by the Centre with multiple cases of COVID-19, and the exercise was expected to be done on Friday. The employees of the company and their primary contacts had been placed in 14-day quarantine after the first case was reported on March 26. 

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.