August 20, 2026 10:45 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
India-China

Ongoing confilct between India-China far from over: Expert

| @indiablooms | Mar 22, 2021, at 12:47 am

Beijing: A geo-politics expert has said he feels the ongoing border conflict between China and India is far from being over.

Jianli Yang wrote in his opinion piece published in The Washington Times: "China has fundamentally altered the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and there is no going back. In May 2020, China changed the situation on the ground by shifting the LAC and preventing Indian patrolling on territory previously controlled by India."

"China has constructed an entire village along the LAC in Arunachal Pradesh, which hotly came into debate in January. Despite multiple rounds of disengagement talks, the message is loud and clear, China is unwilling to take a back step. The dispute is far from over," read the piece.

"The latest disengagement talk between China and India is merely a reiteration of earlier peace talks. The agreement provides that China will move back its troops on the north bank to east of Finger 8, while the Indian army will move to its permanent base at Dhan Singh Thapa Post near Finger 3. The agreement goes on to state that any structures that had been built by both sides since April 2020 in both the north and the south bank area will be removed and status quo will be restored," the writer said.

The writer said China’s intentions despite disengagement talks are far from pure.

"China clearly has a future strategic aim this year to hold on to its gains and get the Indian army out of Kailash Range. The disengagement talks could very well be hogwash and aimed to pull back Indian troops from the Kailash range in exchange of PLA pulling back slightly from some unimportant areas. India cannot rule out a possible military action by China post winters to evict Indian troops from Kailash Range," he said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.