August 20, 2026 01:49 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
BS Yediyurappa
Image Credit: BS Yediyurappa Twitter

People should cautiously celebrate new year, warns BS Yediyurappa

| @indiablooms | Dec 30, 2020, at 11:52 pm

Bengaluru/UNI: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa on Wednesday appealed to the people to take all precautionary measures while welcoming the new year because the Covid-19 is not yet over.

In a tweet on Wednesday, he said that in the backdrop of the new strain covid-19 cases found in the state, the government has taken extra stringent action to curb and necessary measures have already been taken. So far seven such confirmed cases were found from UK returnees.

He said the new year is approaching, even small carelessness leads to an increase in covid -19 cases.

People should follow the guidelines and be safe, he added.  

The Indian government on Wednesday said 20 COVID-19 positive people have been found to be infected by the new strain of the virus.

The mutant strain was first reported from the UK.

" Total of 20 persons have been found with the mutant variant of SARS- CoV-2 virus reported from UK. These include the six persons reported earlier (3 in NIMHANS, Bengaluru, 2 in CCMB, Hyderabad and 1 in NIV, Pune)," read a government statement.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.