August 22, 2026 02:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

PM Modi to chair all-party meet on India-China border situation 

| @indiablooms | Jun 19, 2020, at 09:36 am

New Delhi/IBNS: Indian PM Narendra Modi will chair an app-party meet on Friday to discuss the current situation on the India-China borders.

Twenty Indian soldiers were killed during a violent standoff between Indian Army soldiers and Chinese security personnel this week.

The meeting is scheduled to take place at 5 pm.

" In order to discuss the situation in the India-China border areas, Prime Minister @narendramodi has called for an all-party meeting at 5 PM on 19th June. Presidents of various political parties would take part in this virtual meeting," PMO India tweeted.

India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday said the Chinese troops unilaterally attempted to change the status quo of de-escalation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) at Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh and took premeditated as well as planned action on the Indian forces resulting in casualties on both sides.

The Indian Army lost 20 soldiers in the deadly face-off with Chinese troopers on the night of June 15.

Unconfirmed reports claimed the Chinese side too suffered casualties during the fierce clash at the Galwan Valley, which is close to Aksai Chin, an area that is controlled by China but claimed by both the countries.

 According to the MEA statement, India is very clear that all its activities are always within the Indian side of the LAC.

 The face-off happened even as India and China had been discussing through military and diplomatic channels the de-escalation of the situation in the border area in Eastern Ladakh.

More than four decades after the last fatality occurred during a conflict at the India-China border, at least 20 Indian personnel were killed in the conflict with the Chinese military at the Galwan Valley, which is close to Aksai Chin, an area that is controlled by China but claimed by both the countries.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.