August 22, 2026 02:15 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences
INC Twitter Page

Priyanka Gandhi asked to vacate govt bungalow in Delhi by Aug 1

| @indiablooms | Jul 01, 2020, at 08:17 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has been served a notice by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs asking the Congress leader to vacate her government bungalow in Delhi by August 1.

The government notice said that her allotment of the bungalow stands cancelled from Wednesday and she owes Rs 3.46 lakh in dues.

The bungalow 35 on Lodi Estate was allotted to her in 1997.

In the notice, the ministry said Priynka is no longer entitled to the bungalow as she doesn't have the elite Special Protection Group security anymore.

"Consequent upon withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover by Ministry of Home Affairs, which does not have provision for allotment/retention of government accommodation on security ground to you, the allotment of Type 6B house number 35, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi is hereby cancelled with effect from 01/07/2020," the ministry's notice, available with media, read.

Priyanka has been notified that if she stays in the bungalow beyond Aug 1, she'll have to pay fine.

Unlike her mother Sonia Gandhi, Priyanka is not a Parliamentarian and hence, not entitled to the bungalow, an official of the ministry told media.

In November last year,  the government withdrew the Special Protection Group (SPG) cover of the Gandhi family.

Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi were given this special security since the 1991 assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.

After the removal of the SPG security cover, Gandhis now get Z-plus security.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.