August 22, 2026 02:58 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

Rahul Gandhi questions PM Modi's 'silence' over India-China faceoff

| @indiablooms | Jun 17, 2020, at 10:32 am

New Delhi/IBNS: In a bid to corner the central government, Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "silence" over the India-China faceoff along the Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh that has left 20 Indian soldiers dead.

Gandhi tweeted, "Why is the PM silent? Why is he hiding? Enough is enough. We need to know what has happened. How dare China kill our soldiers? How dare they take our land?"

Though Modi was reportedly worried over the situation along the disputed border between India and China, he has not yet spoken about the matter publicly.

"Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15/16 June 2020. 17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the stand off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries, taking the total that were killed in action to 20," the Indian Army said in a statement.

Unconfirmed reports put the casualty on the Chinese side to 43.

India attributed the clashes "as a result of an attempt by the Chinese side to unilaterally change the status quo there."

"During the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place yesterday night with casualties," read a statement by the Army earlier.

India has rebuffed China's claim that the Indian forces were attempting to cross the border.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.