August 20, 2026 04:02 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Raj Kundra | Pornography case
Image Credit: Raj Kundra Instagram

Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography shooting and streaming case

| @indiablooms | Sep 21, 2021, at 02:21 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Actor Shilpa Shetty's husband and businessman Raj Kundra has been granted a bail by a Mumbai court for two months over his arrest in connection with alleged shooting and streaming of porn.

The court has asked Kundra to pay Rs. 50,000 surety for his bail.

Last Thursday, the Mumbai Police had filed a 1,400-page charge sheet in the court levelling charges against the businessman.

Kundra's lawyer had on Saturday requested bail arguing that the investigation is over and a charge sheet has been filed.

He made the bail request alleging that Kudra had been made a 'scapegoat' in the case and that there was not an iota of evidence in the charge sheet that implicated his active involvement in shooting "alleged questionable content" and streaming it through mobile apps.

Kundra was arrested on July 19, and since then in his bail plea, the businessman had been maintaining that he was falsely implicated.

However, the charge sheet said Raj Kundra was the "main facilitator" and, along with other accused, he exploited young women struggling in the film industry.

Pornographic videos were posted on various websites and apps, the charge sheet alleged.

It said that the videos were sold through subscriptions.

Actress Shilpa Shetty has been listed as one of the eyewitnesses besides 42 others whose statements were recorded and included in the chargesheet.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.