August 17, 2026 12:47 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Mukesh Ambani
Image credit: UNI

Supreme Court orders Z+security for Mukesh Ambani, his family in India and abroad

| @indiablooms | Mar 01, 2023, at 06:48 am

New Delhi/UNI: The Supreme Court has directed that billionaire businessman Mukesh Ambani and his entire family, should be provided with the highest Z+ security cover in India and abroad.

The apex court, in its order, said that the cost of security expenses for this exercise of providing Z+ security shall be borne by the Ambanis.

A two-judge Bench of the Supreme Court, headed by Justice Krishna Murari and also comprising Justice Ahsanuddin Amanullah pronounced the order on Monday.

"When Mukesh Ambani and his family are within India, State of Maharashtra and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) are to ensure their security. When they are travelling abroad, the Ministry of Home Affairs would ensure the same," the Supreme Court, said, in its order.

The top court passed the order, after hearing an appeal filed by the central government against the petitioner Bikash Saha.

Initially, Saha had questioned in his petition filed before the Tripura High Court over the security being provided to the Ambanis family.

Acting on the Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Saha, the Tripura High Court through its order of May 31 and June 21 had directed the MHA to produce the original file pertaining to the threat perception and assessment report of Mukesh Ambani and his family.

Later on, the Centre had filed an appeal, after June 21, before the Supreme Court challenging this Tripura High Court's order, which had entertained the PIL of Shah, against the security cover given to Reliance Industries Chairman, Mukesh Ambani and his family.

The apex court had also last year agreed to examine the issue and stayed the Tripura HC order.

Senior Advocate, and former Attorney General of India (AG) Mukul Rohatgi appearing for the Ambanis, submitted before the Supreme Court that his clients are at continuous risk of being targeted to financially destabilize the country and such risk exists in India and also when they are travelling abroad.

The Supreme Court also settled the disputes about the security of Amabanis, as it observed that the issue of security cover provided to the Ambanis is the subject matter of litigation in different parts of the country.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.