August 20, 2026 01:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Air Pollution

Supreme Court satisfied over anti-pollution steps in Delhi

| @indiablooms | Dec 16, 2021, at 07:16 pm

New Delhi/UNI: The Supreme Court on Thursday expressed satisfaction regarding the steps taken by the Centre and the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) to reduce pollution in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).

The court has asked the Commission to invite suggestions from the public and experts on further measures to be taken to combat pollution and posted the matter for further hearing till February first week.

The three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice N.V. Ramana also included Justices Dr D.Y. Chandrachud and Surya Kant heard the Delhi-NCR pollution case.

Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the Union of India, read out an affidavit regarding the anti-pollution steps taken.

Former Additional Solicitor General Vikas Singh, appearing for petitioner Aditya Dubey, told the court that he had some suggestions.

CJI Ramana said an affidavit had been received from CAQM regarding construction and a decision will be taken by Friday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.