August 21, 2026 11:57 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences
Rhea Chakraborty
Rhea Chakraborty Instagram page

Sushant Singh death case: Maharashtra  Human Rights Commission questions Rhea Chakraborty's morgue 'visit'

| @indiablooms | Aug 26, 2020, at 11:26 pm

Mumbai/UNI: Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission(MSHRC) on Wednesday sought explanation from the Mumbai Police and Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation on the news that Rhea Chakraborty apparently visited the morgue where Sushant Singh Rajput’s body was kept.

Taking a suo moto cognizance of the matter, it has ordered the police and civic authorities to submit their detailed explanation in the matter by August 31.

Official sources said the MSHRC top brass had viewed video and news reports of Rhea Chakraborty's June 14 visit to the mortuary of R N Cooper Hospital here.

Later, the Commission directed its' Legal Wing to check the relevant provisions pertaining to this as only the immediate family members can be permitted in the morgue.

It has asked the hospital dean to explain the circumstances behind Rhea getting permission and access to the morgue and even view the mortal remains of the late actor on June 14 – hours after his death was discovered.

After the videos went viral on social media and television, the MSHRC had received several complaints in the matter last month following which it has initiated suo moto action.

The sources said since entry is not permitted in morgues to persons not related to the deceased, all those found involved in the matter would in all probability be required to face the relevant legal consequences.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.