August 17, 2026 01:18 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Operation Dost
Image credit: Wikimedia .org

Turkish envoy Firat Sunel thanks India for sending relief materials

| @indiablooms | Feb 13, 2023, at 09:57 pm

New Delhi: The Turkish envoy to India Firat Sunel on Monday thanked India for sending relief materials to the earthquake-hit nation.

Sunel tweeted: "THANK YOU INDIA! Each tent, each blanket or sleeping bag are of vital importance for the hundreds of thousands of earthquake survivors."

His earlier tweet read, " Another batch of emergency in-kind donations from the people of India is on the way to Turkiye. @TurkishAirlines @TK_INDIA carries the aids on a daily basis to the earthquake hit region, free of charge. #VasudhaivaKutumbakam #earthquake #earthquakeinturkey."

 

Following the massive earthquake that struck Türkey and Syria on 6 February 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had earlier directed that all possible assistance be extended to the affected people. 

MEA spokesperson Arindam Bagchi on Sunday said the seventh Operation Dost flight has delivered the relief material for Türkey at Adana airport.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched a $43 million appeal to support earthquake response in Syria and Türkey, Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus announced on Sunday.

The amount is set to increase as the magnitude of the disaster becomes clearer, he said, speaking during a press conference from the Syrian capital, Damascus.

Latest reports put the death toll at more than 33,000, according to international media, with millions more left homeless.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.