August 22, 2026 06:29 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

West Bengal reports fourth positive Novel Coronavirus case

| @indiablooms | Mar 21, 2020, at 08:33 pm

Kolkata/IBNS: A 54-year old resident of Kolkata's Dum Dum area became the fourth person from West Bengal to be infected with deadly Novel Coronavirus on Saturday, media reports said.

The patient, who has no travel history to any foreign country, became the second person to be infected with the positive Coronavirus case in a single day.

The first three patients from West Bengal have travel histories to the United Kingdom.

Across the nation, at least 284 people have been infected so far with Maharashtra recording the maximum number of cases (63).

According to reports, the woman from Habra, who recently returned from Scotland, is currently undergoing treatment in the isolation ward of the Beliaghata ID Hospital.

West Bengal on Friday reported the second positive Novel Coronavirus case as a 22-year old man has been infected with the deadly virus, media reports said.

The 22-year old came to Mumbai, India from England on Mar 13.

He then took a flight from Mumbai to Kolkata.

The patient is a resident of south Kolkata's Ballygunge.

The family members of the patient have been quarantined.

Earlier an 18-year old son of the state's top bureaucrat tested positive.

West Bengal on Friday reported the second positive Novel Coronavirus case as a 22-year old man has been infected with the deadly virus, media reports said.

Earlier an 18-year old son of the state's top bureaucrat tested positive.

However, the bureaucrat's son faced lot of criticism as he didn't quarantine himself despite the suggestions by the doctors and instead visited a mall as well as state headquarters Nabanna with her mother.

In a major step, the West Bengal government invoked provisions of Epidemic Disease Act, 1897, so that no patient can escape while undergoing treatment for Coronavirus.

Also a 200-cr fund has been created to fight the disease.

The disease has left four people dead across India so far.

The state government has postponed the remaining three High Secondary Examinations and shut down restaurants, nightclubs, bars, pubs, massage parllours from Mar 22. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.