August 23, 2026 10:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

Where is settlement package for refugees? J&K Cong asks BJP

| @indiablooms | Feb 03, 2020, at 07:42 pm

Jammu/UNI: Questioning the BJP over settlement package for the refugees, senior Congress leader  Ravinder Sharma in a statement here on Monday said that large number of people who have come from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir were  still running from pillar to post to get the first installment even after  five years of its announcement.

Mr Sharma stated that the BJP has maintained silence over its repeated promises for the grant of Rs 30 lakh per family as per recommendations of the Joint Parliamentary Committee.

He said that the displaced people of 1947  from PoK lost their near and dear ones and entire families wiped out in  majority of cases.

"They lost their social, cultural and  linguistic identity and  have suffered immense loss which can't be  compensated in any manner," he said, adding, "they were settled on  agricultural lands and urban plots but most of them having deficiencies  as per scale and large no of them without allotments in the absence of  necessary documentations."

He asked the government to issue  the data of the families who have received relief amount so far, which  shall reflect the real picture.

The authorities reveal that no amount was made available since April 2019 onwards.

He  appealed all refugees organizations and like-minded individuals to come  in common platform to fight for the genuine demands of all categories  of refugees and DPs and take them to logical conclusions.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.