August 19, 2026 10:00 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
KS Eshwarappa
Image credit: KS Eshwarappa Twitter

'Will be back': KS Eshwarappa, named in suicide case, resigns

| @indiablooms | Apr 16, 2022, at 02:42 am

Bengaluru/IBNS: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Karnataka Minister KS Eshwarappa, who found himself in the middle of a huge controversy following allegations of corruption and an alleged role in the suicide of a contractor, resigned on Friday with a promise the he "will be back".

In a massive show of strength before his resignation, a huge convoy of cars accompanied him to the capital Bengaluru where he tendered his resignation.

In his constituency Shivamogga, supporters even protested against his "forced resignation".

"I don't want to cause any trouble for my seniors and well-wishers in the party. So, I am meeting the Chief Minister in the evening to submit my resignation. I am also confident that I will come out clean," he told reporters ahead of resigning.

On being asked about Congress MLA Priyank Kharge's charge of other people too involved in the '40% cut money scandal', Eshwarappa said, "Why doesn't he (Mr Kharge) name even one of the people behind this scandal?"

Contractor Santosh Patil had alleged that Eshwarappa, had demanded a 40 per cent commission on the value of the contract work executed by him.

Eshwarappa had earlier said, "There is a conspiracy to malign my name. A death note allegedly has been found, it is said. But there is no signature on it and it was not found with the body."

"Can a Whatsapp message be treated as a death note. It can be typed by anybody," he had said referring to the purported message by Patil.

Eshwarappa had said he did not know who Patil was. It is learnt that Patil was the National Secretary of the Hindu Yuva Vahini.

He was found dead in a lodge in Udupi on Tuesday with police suspecting it to be a case of suicide.

In a purported message on social media, Patil allegedly held the Minister responsible for his death.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.