August 17, 2026 06:28 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe

Afghanistan: Pakistan, US condemn Paktia blast

| @indiablooms | Aug 04, 2018, at 04:07 pm

Kabul, Aug 4 (IBNS): Pakistan and the USA on Saturday condemned the bomb attack in Paktia province of Afghanistan which left 34 people killed.

Pakistan Foreign Office said in a statement: "Pakistan strongly condemns the shooting and suicide attack during Friday prayers at a mosque in the city of Gardez, Paktia province today, that has resulted in loss of over 20 precious lives and injuries to many other namazis."

"We express our deepest sympathies and condolences to the bereaved families and pray for the recovery of the injured. Pakistan stands together with the government and people of Afghanistan in this hour of grief," read the statement.

"Pakistan condemns terrorism in all forms and manifestations," it said.

US Embassy in Kabul said in a tweet: "We strongly condemn the depraved #attack on a mosque today in #Gardez #Paktia targeting worshipers. We stand with all #Afghans who seek to live in harmony. #AFG ."

The death toll in Friday's suicide blast inside a mosque in Afghanistan's southeastern Paktia province has touched 34, media reports said on Saturday.

At least 94 others were injured in the blast.

The governor’s spokesman, Abdullah Hasrat told Pajhwok Afghan News that at least 34 people had been killed and more than 94 others wounded in the suicide attack.

The injured were reportedly rushed to different hospitals in the city for treatment.

Security forces cordoned off the area after the blast.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.