August 17, 2026 07:59 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe

Karachi Chinese consulate attack: Main suspect arrested

| @indiablooms | Jul 03, 2019, at 05:26 pm

Karachi, July 3 (IBNS): The main suspect in the Chinese consulate attack in Pakistan's Karachi city last year has been arrested, media reports said on Wednesday.

Sources told Geo News the main suspect identified as Rashid Brohi was caught from a gulf state and transferred to Pakistan through Interpol. 

Sources told the news channel that the Brohi kept keeping watch during the attack and facilitated the attackers. 

According to local media reports, Rashid Brohi  is allegedly a member of the proscribed Balochistan Liberation Army.

Sources told Geo News that Brohi had taken Rs0.1 million for the attack.

Two policemen were killed and one security guard was injured in an attack on the Chinese Consulate in Pakistan's Karachi in 2018.

The strike was claimed by a separatist group in Balochistan, where Chinese involvement in infrastructure project is fiercely opposed by the Baluchis seeking independence from Pakistan. 

Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) had claimed the attack. 

Meanwhile, the US Department of State on Tuesday designated the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) and Hizballah operative Husain Ali Hazzima as Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGTs) under Executive Order (E.O.), officials said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.