August 19, 2026 10:36 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Moldova
Image Credit: wikipedia.org

Moldova's Security Council recommends 2-week COVID-19 emergency

| @indiablooms | Mar 14, 2021, at 08:11 pm

Chisinau/Sputnik: Moldova's Supreme Security Council has recommended that the government declare a two-week state of emergency over COVID-19, Moldovan President Maia Sandu said on Saturday.

Sandu convened the Supreme Security Council earlier in the day to discuss the epidemiological environment in the country.

"The majority of Security Council members recommend declaring a state of emergency for two weeks. The government received a recommendation to work out a list of restrictions within the next three days," Sandu said at a briefing.

The president of the east European country expressed support for the council's initiative to reshuffle the national public health commission to include doctors and virologists, as well as to create a unified command center at the General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations.

"We need to accelerate the vaccination and begin the second phase. We need to create an online register for citizens to sign up for vaccination. I ask the government to work out in detail and present these initiatives to parliament within the next three days," Sandu said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.