August 17, 2026 06:25 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Ontario budget
Image Credit: Peter Bethlenfalvy Facebook Page

Ontario launches virtual 2022 budget consultations

| @indiablooms | Jan 15, 2022, at 06:24 am

Toronto/IBNS: Ahead of the delivery of the budget in March 2022, an online budget consultation launch was announced by Minister of Finance Peter Bethlenfalvy enabling Ontarians to share their ideas for making Ontario the best place to build a career, a family, and a future.

People of Ontario and businesses had been engaged in a series of consultations by the government of Ontario throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, to keep the Province well informed about the ongoing response to fight this virus.

Being a critical time for the government to protect Ontario against COVID-19 and the newer threat posed by Omicron, it will continue to engage the people and the communities in conversations about what they want to see in the 2022 Budget.

“It is clear that while the COVID-19 pandemic is not over yet, our government will continue to make decisions that will lay a strong, stable fiscal foundation that Ontario workers, families, and entrepreneurs can build on,” said Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance said in the news release. “We are looking for ideas that will help us continue to build Ontario’s long-term prosperity and create jobs while supporting workers and communities in every corner of our province.”

The government of Ontario welcomes people and organizations to share their ideas via an online survey, emailed or mailed submissions to the Ministry of Finance, or through a series of virtual consultations across the province that begins Monday.

The 2022 Budget consultations will close on Feb 11.

(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.