August 17, 2026 08:07 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Pakistan
Pixabay

Pakistan's Balochistan facing severe financial crisis: Reports

| @indiablooms | Feb 03, 2023, at 03:53 pm

Quetta:  Balochistan is facing a financial crisis for the last three months as it has not received its share of Rs11 billion under the National Finance Commission (NFC) award, a key official of the province has said.

Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo and Finance Minister Zamrak Khan Piralizai have repeatedly drawn the attention of the federal government to the province’s predicament, but the centre has made no response so far, reports Dawn News.

The province reportedly did not receive any money from Islamabad for flood relief as well.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had announced a grant of Rs10 billion for rehabilitation and reconstruction of infrastructure in flood-ravaged regions, but Balochistan’s finance department laments it hasn’t received anything under the head so far, reports the Pakistani newspaper.

The provincial government had to spend “huge amounts” on relief and rehabilitation from its own resources, an official told Dawn.

Farah Azeem Shah, a spokesperson for the provincial government, said at a press conference the province was woefully short of funds and unless the federal government released its dues worth Rs75 billion, it won’t be able to pay salaries to its employees.

She accused Islamabad of holding back the money on purpose, calling for the release of funds “as soon as possible”. “Otherwise, the province will meet with disaster.”

The spokesperson said a major chunk of the provincial government’s funds were spent on law and order.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.