August 19, 2026 10:08 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Prince Harry
WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Prince Harry arrives in UK for Prince Philip’s funeral

| @indiablooms | Apr 12, 2021, at 02:58 pm

London/Sputnik: Prince Harry is back in the United Kingdom to attend the funeral of his late grandfather, Prince Philip, the People magazine reports.

Harry, 36, arrived from California in the UK on Sunday. His wife Meghan Markle, who is expecting their second child, did not accompany her husband, People said.

This will be the first time that Prince Harry sees members of the British Royal Family since the notorious Oprah Winfrey interview.

Queen Elizabeth II's husband and the longest-serving consort of any British monarch died on Friday morning at Windsor Castle at the age of 99. He had been married to the Queen for 73 years.

The Duke of Edinburgh's funeral will take place in Windsor on April 17 and there will be no state funeral and lying-in-state.

According to Downing Street, current coronavirus regulations will only allow 30 people to attend the funeral next weekend. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has opted out in order to make room for as many family members as possible.

A royal source told The New York Post that Prince Philip wanted to die peacefully in the comforts of his own home, not in a hospital bed — a last wish that came true on Friday.

According to UK media reports, the Queen was at her husband’s bedside when he died, just months before his 100th birthday in June.

In February, the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the hospital for heart surgery, after which he was released in mid-March.

According to The Sun, while at King Edward VII Hospital in London, the Duke of Edinburgh told his eldest son, Prince Charles, to care for the Queen when he was gone. He also told Charles how he should lead the Royal Family through the years ahead.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.