August 17, 2026 06:27 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Ontario business
Representative image of business being shut/ credit: Pixabay

'Unclear if businesses ordered to close last week will reopen on Jan 26': Ontario chief medical officer

| @indiablooms | Jan 15, 2022, at 04:47 am

Ontario/IBNS: Dr. Kieran Moore, Ontario’s chief medical officer of health, has said during a news conference that it is unclear if businesses ordered to close by the government last week will reopen on Jan 26.

“As soon as we have clarity, we want to inform the business community, so I can’t guarantee the 26th,” Dr. Kieran Moore said during a news conference. “We’ll be watching the same data as those experts at the science table and we collaborate with them to be able to inform public health measures.”

The government announced on Jan 3 that due to the highly transmissible Omicron variant driving up COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations, schools would move online until at least Jan 17, and restrictions would be placed on businesses until at least Jan 26.

“Our public health measures have just been put in on the [Jan.] fifth, we should start to see the benefit of the sacrifices that Ontarians have made next week. Early in the week, we should be able to get clarity on where we’re at,” Moore said.

When asked by the Ontario Chamber of Commerce to provide more transparency about the metrics used by the province guiding the imposition or removal of public health restriction as businesses want to know when they could finally open, Moore said that the government intends to keep closures as short as possible and apologized to business owners for the hardship caused by the public health measures.

(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.