August 23, 2026 03:33 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

Delhi Fire Tragedy: Building owner Rehan arrested

| @indiablooms | Dec 08, 2019, at 06:18 pm

New Delhi/UNI/IBNS: Hours after a fire mishap at congested Anaj Mandi in Delhi left at least 43 dead, the Delhi Police on Sunday detained owner of the building Rehan.

The Police action came shortly after the case was handed over to the Crime Branch amid unofficial admission by several authorities that a bag making factory operated in the residential area without license and no formal clearance from the fire brigade authorities.

The cause of the mishap has been initially attributed to short circuit but the BJP leaders suggested that detailed investigation should be undertaken and adequate action ought to be taken against the guilty.

Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who visited the site of accident, said no wrongdoer will be spared.

'We have lost more than 40 innocent lives to the tragic fire. I have ordered a magisterial inquiry into its cause, no culprit will be spared,' the CM tweeted.

A case has been registered under section 304 of Indian Penal Code against the factory owner. 


 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.